Which types of BenQ projectors require a power cycling process?
For BenQ projectors designed for general home entertainment and business use, we recommend powering off the projector for 2-3 minutes after every 12 hours of constant use for longer lasting reliability and maximized projector lifespan.
BenQ professional projectors designed with corresponding industrial standards can be used continuously for more than 12 hours and do not require a power cycling process as our home and general-use business projectors do.
If you have any questions, please contact your local BenQ customer care team for further assistance. Thank you.
My remote control is not working. What can be done to fix it?
Please follow below steps for troubleshooting:
(1) Check if the remote receiver is turned off by accident in OSD. It should be turned to Front/Top/Front+Top.
(2) Check if the batteries are out of power. Replace both of the batteries with new ones.
(3) Make sure you are not too far away from the projector. Stand within 7 meters from the projector.
(4) Remove the obstacles between the remote control and projector.
For demo, please refer to the tutorial video
Can I control the BenQ projector with a remote control designed by other manufacturers?
Yes. When setting the remote control, please input the [custom code + IR code] or [IR code + custom code] based on the instruction on the remote control.
The custom code for BenQ is 0X30. For IR code, please refer to the user manual.
Which reminder messages will stop being displayed after "Reminder Message" is switched off?
After "Reminder Message" option is switched off in OSD, the following messages will stop being displayed:
- All signal searching…
- No signal
- (Source) Source searching…
- (Source) Source detected
- Auto adjusting…
- Signal status(Source information menu)
- ECO BLANK/No source detected
- Out of range
- Best resolution
Three units of SH963 are installed side by side but have problems with colors matching. Is there any easy way to do color matching?
Yes, there is one easy way and does not need any equipment. Picture mode should be set as the same for all 3 units. Choose the unit with the less brightness and color as the standard unit and to adjust the other two units to be closed to the standard unit. Please follow the following steps.
(1) Display a pure white screen (for example, to display a powerpoint new slide)
(2) Go into OSD menu
(3) Picture → Advanced → Color Temperature → set to User (1,2,3, one of them)
(4) Go to Color temperature User X Fine Tuning
(5) Select the color you wish and try to make the color temperature of the other two units to look like the standard unit. This will need to take some time and try and error to make the color of each unit to be close to identical.
(6) Go to Picture → Basic page and select Contrast
(7) Lower the contrast of the other two units to make the brightness to be close to the standard unit
How do I clean my projector lens?
Please refer to the below video for a guide to cleaning your projector's lens.
How to change the lamp and reset the lamp timer?
Please refer to the below video for instructions on how to replace a projector lamp and reset the lamp life timer on BenQ projectors.