Network & Systems Administrator
BenQ Europe Headquarters in Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Are you looking for a challenging position in the regional headquarters of a global company where you can build on and expand your IT knowledge? Do you think you can handle pan European IT responsibilities utilising leading technologies? BenQ is looking for you!
BenQ Corporation, a leading provider of networked digital lifestyle devices, is a multi-faceted company with strengths in product design, visual technology and mobile technology. BenQ offers unrivalled breadth and depth of products and integrated technologies across platforms through the brand promise of “Bringing Enjoyment ‘N’ Quality to Life,” including digital projectors, LCD monitors, LCD TVs, digital cameras and, mobile computing devices and designer lighting products.
BenQ Europe B.V., the European regional office of BenQ Corporation, headquartered in Eindhoven, the Netherlands, supports ten sales offices across Europe. Following the brand promise “Bringing Enjoyment and Quality to Life”, BenQ Europe sells and supports a large product range of BenQ products.
BenQ is the number one DLP® brand worldwide, and is in one of the top three positions in projector sales in over twenty-two European countries. Furthermore BenQ Europe is a LED monitor expert, being one of the top five selling monitor brands in various countries like Austria, Norway, Russia and Sweden in our territory.
Within our IT department in Eindhoven we are looking for a candidate for the position of:
Network & Systems Administrator
As an ICT Specialist in the IT Services team you will work with IT colleagues in BenQ’s European regional headquarters, located in Eindhoven, managing and supporting a European wide IT infrastructure, including key systems hosted in the company data center in Eindhoven. BenQ Europe is also part of BenQ’s global organisation and IT platform.
Working at BenQ Europe will give the candidate exposure to, and experience with, many mainstream and leading edge technologies and products.
Core Tasks & Responsibilities:
Network & System Administration:
Depending on the platform – designing / building / maintaining / supporting:
- - The European wide Windows Active Directory domain which is part of a global Active Directory network architecture.
- - The Microsoft Exchange platform which supports all European offices and which is part of the company global Exchange email architecture.
- - All servers in the data center in the European headquarters, as well as servers in BenQ Europe’s national subsidiary offices, running on VMware’s vSphere virtual server platform and which are managed via a single, Europe wide, vCenter instance. In the data center there is a HP SAN for shared data storage.
- - Linux & Unix servers – OS level maintenance and installing and managing a number of turnkey solutions running on LAMP or similar Linux/Unix platforms.
- - The European wide networking, VPN, WLAN and telecommunication systems using equipment from leading manufacturers such as HP Enterprise.
- - All related technical equipment supporting the above systems.
Pan European End-User IT Support:
- - 1st line IT support for office automation systems (desktops, printers, servers, networks), including Microsoft Terminal Server based thin-client platforms, in the BenQ Europe regional headquarters in Eindhoven. Helping & backing up staff in national subsidiary offices throughout Europe who act in a non-specialist IT support function for those local offices.
- - 2nd line IT support of any queries related to any BenQ offices’ servers and/or IT systems.
- - College (MBO/HBO) or higher school level education, ideally with further education in IT.
- - One or more technical certifications in Microsoft, VMware, Linux/Unix or other relevant technology platforms or equivalent working experience.
- - Experience with computer (workstation & server) hardware and operating systems listed above.
- - Experience in networking technologies and equipment.
- - Minimum of four years’ work experience.
- - Fluency in written and spoken English is a requirement. Mandarin is beneficial, but not essential; other - European languages, particularly Dutch, an advantage.
- - Ability to work independently and investigate and solve varying technical issues.
- - Ability to handle stress while maintaining a customer focus.
- - An attitude which values reliability and initiative – in yourself as well as others.
We offer a challenging position in a global organisation. As well as a remuneration package which meets market standards, we give successful candidates the opportunity to work in an independent way with interesting and varied responsibilities.
Applicants must be an EU resident, or have an existing work permit allowing them to work freely in the Netherlands. Preference will be given to candidates currently residing in the Eindhoven area. We are looking for a mature and experienced IT professional who is looking to grow with the company in a demanding and responsible position.
If you believe you have the necessary qualifications to accept this challenging position, and are interested in becoming a part of our IT team please send your application (including a current CV) in English by e-mail to, HRAdmin.eu@BenQ.com, or by post to:
Human Resources Department
BenQ Europe B.V.
5652 AR Eindhoven
Phone: +31-88-88 89 200