Price GBP£ 559
Splash-proof, drop-proof and convenient 15° tilt hinge designed for outdoor use
Wireless casting, HDMI, USB Type-C and USB Type-A ports for multi-connectivity
Portable Bluetooth speaker & Built-in Aptoide TV Market for downloading Apps
The devices GS2 supports with wireless projection are smartphones (iOS & Android) and laptops (Windows, Chrome & MacOS).
There are 3 ways to transmit audio and video content via GS2 wireless projection: WLAN mode, GS2- hotspot mode, mobile hotspot mode.
* Due to the content protection mechanism for the subscription-based streaming platform, please note that “mobile devices” cannot “mirror” or "cast" the content of certain streaming services, such as Netflix, Fox+, Catchplay, iTunes, etc.
The content you can cast via Airplay and Chromecast:
1. photos, videos, and music files on your mobile phone.
3. content on Youtube
4. Music App (e.g. Spotify)
5. Office Doc and email app.
Yes. There are ways to watch Netflix:
1. Download Netflix app from Aptoide TV Market preloaded on GS2 and install it on GS2. Sign in with your Netflix account and watch videos on GS2
2. Use your own laptop (Windows/Chrome/MacOS) to cast. Make sure both GS2 and laptop are under the same wireless network.
(1) Airplay on macOS: Click the Airplay icon in the status bar, and select BenQ GS2-XXXX* to start Airplay. The three mirroring methods, Mirror Built-in Retina Display, Mirror BenQ GS2- XXXX and Use As Separate Display are available to do Airplay Netflix.
(2) Google Cast on PC or Laptop via Google Chrome Browser: Visit the Netflix website and select “Customize and control Google Chrome” on your Google Chrome browser.
Select "Cast tab”- > Choose BenQ GS2-xxxx - > Start Google Cast on the Chrome tab.
Select Both Screens on the pop-up window, then you can watch big-screen Netflix content on GS2.
3. Streaming content from Android mobile devices with Type-C and DisplayPort function to GS2 via USB-C Gen3.1 cable.
You can install apps on GS2 in two ways:
1. Go to the pre-installed Aptoid TV Market, then search, download and install the apps.
2. Download APK files on the internet. GS2 will read the files in your USB flash drive and install.
You can connect GS2 via Bluetooth:
1. And use GS2 as a Bluetooth speaker.
2. Or, connect to external Bluetooth speakers or headphones.
Find out in the video how to turn GS2 into Bluetooth speakers and how to connect GS2 to external Bluetooth speakers or headphones.
It depends on the internet service bandwidth provided by the Wi-Fi router as well as how many competing wireless devices in the environment. If stuttering occurs during projection, please check if Wi-Fi is working properly or it is combusted.
GS2 has both 2.4G and 5G channels. We'd recommend switching both your home Wi-Fi router and GS2 to 5G channel for smoother connections.
Besides WLAN mode, GS2 also offers 2 types of wireless projection:
1. Use Mobile as the Wifi Hotspot: Turn on Wi-fi Hotspot on your iPhone or Android phone, connect GS2 to it and start the wireless projection.
2. Use GS2 as the Wifi Hotspot: Turn the Wifi Hotspot on GS2 and connect your mobile to it and start the wireless projection. To note, your mobile won't be able to connect to the external network via your 4G cellular network and only can stream pictures or video stored in your mobile to GS2.
Unlike LCDs, mobiles, and tablets which emit blue light, projectors project light, and the images projected onto the wall or screen curtain get into the eyes with less stimulation and damage to the eyes.
Equipped with Eye-Protection Sensor, GS2 will shut down the LED light automatically to prevent the strong light from entering the eyes in case that curious kids peep into the lens.
What's more, GS2 is IPX2 splash-proof and 0.5 m drop-proof and has a magnetic detachable power cord. Your kids can play indoors as well as outdoors carefreely without safety concerns.