Flicker-free Technology; Senseye® Reading Mode; Eye Protect Sensor
BenQ, an internationally renowned provider of digital lifestyle innovations and VA LED monitor expert, today announced the availability of Eye-Care monitors in its product range. Now, with the added eye comfort and visual pleasure offered by the Eye-Care Series based on Flicker-free technology, computer users are able to enhance their work productivity and fully enjoy their daily work. The same benefits are enjoyed by notebook users with the adoption of a BenQ Eye-Care monitor as an extended screen to their notebook displays. Other features that complement BenQ Eye-Care monitors are the Eyegonomic (Senseye® Reading Mode, the Eye Protect Sensor, and others), and the included digital cable* for the best performance (HDMI or DVI).
Flicker, or a flashing effect, occurs as the LED backlight controller of a monitor adjusts to the changes in brightness level. A regular monitor backlight can cause fast backlight flickering at 200Hz per second when brightness is reduced from the maximum level. When this happens, the human eye, sensitive to the slightest signals, strains the ciliary muscle trying to adjust to the nearly invisible flickering on the screen. This might lead to eyestrain, eye fatigue or headaches. BenQ’s new Flicker-free monitors adopt a unique De-flickering Backlight Circuit Controller for a zero-flickering viewing experience and in turn help reduce the eye health concerns raised by a fast-flickering display and/or prolonged usage of PCs and notebooks. The use of a Flicker-free monitor with a computer or a notebook offers a better view and a more comfortable viewing experience for all.
Other complementary Eyegonomic features of BenQ Flicker-free monitors include:
• Senseye® Reading Mode that recreates the comfortable experience of reading actual books by adjusting the monitor’s color temperature and brightness levels, as well as balancing its contrast ratio and sharpness, to simulate the look of paperback paper.
• Automatic Eye-Protect Sensor that detects ambient light levels and adjusts the monitor brightness automatically throughout the day for optimized clarity and eye comfort.
• Height Adjustment Stand (HAS)* which allows you to find the best viewing angles for personal work or screen sharing with an extensive range of monitor adjustments – height, tilt, pivot, stroke and swivel.
• Smart Reminder* that gently reminds users to take a break in a predefined time interval. The breaks not only keep users’ eyes comfortable, but also ensure desirable productivity.
• Anti-Glare Display that avoids straining your eyes when the monitor faces a light source. With a matte-finished screen, you don’t need to deal with the annoying reflection.
*on selected model
“People experience the ocular and physical discomforts caused by a long work with screens on a daily basis, and BenQ has taken on the mission to help create a better, healthier viewing experience, stressing the fact that the use of a good monitor is crucial not just for computer users but also for notebook users,” said Peter Chen, General Manager of BenQ’s Technology Product Center. “Today, we are proud to announce the new improvements made on our monitors. It’s really quite amazing that by spotting out a supposedly tiny issue and redesigning the controller to eliminate flickering, we are able to make a big difference as whole. And, as a brand that brings together innovation, quality and enjoyment through technologies, we are more than thrilled to be the first to adopt a full range of Eye-Care Flicker-free monitors.”
The first BenQ Eye-Care Flicker-free monitor, the GW2760HS, is available in Europe from May 2013. For more information, please visit the product page.