Interactive Display | Signage
Remote Work & Learning
SmartEco Technology, Full Short-throw Range Offering
Future-Proof DLP Technology
EUROPE, September 2, 2011 - Internationally renowned provider of digital lifestyle and global DLP® education projector leader, BenQ, announced today two new interactive whiteboard projectors that utilize BenQ’s latest SmartEco technology: the MX850UST and MW851UST offering 0.4:1 throw-ratio. The launch of these cost-effective and eco-friendly projectors has turned BenQ into the unrivaled global short-throw projector expert with a full offering of short-throw ranges to fit any classroom size and need.
“BenQ had made remarkable progress in 2010, making it to the top as the No. 1 global DLP brand for both short-throw and interactive projections.” said Peter YF Huang, General Manager of BenQ Display Product Business Group. “We feel a great sense of accomplishment, bringing ultra vivid images and crisp-clear text projection into every classroom through our unique lens design. Short-throw is the simplest solution for physical constraints, shadow disruptions and eye-blinding lights to all, and that’s why we’ll continue to work hard and spread these benefits to schools.”
Set apart by the philosophy of “Enjoyment Matters”, BenQ has always strived to bring its vision for higher level of freedom, productivity and simplicity into the world of education, adjusting its projector design with the requirement that technology should easy to set up, enjoyable to use and affordable to maintain.
BenQ SmartEco: benefits, no compromise
As the first DLP brand to incorporate Philips’ ImageCare technology into its projector lamp system, BenQ has taken a further leap, developing its own SmartEco technology to perfect what DLP can do for energy saving in the 21st century classroom. By dynamically adjusting the lamp power based on the projected content SmartEco enables energy saving and increases lamp life, without compromising on picture quality.
The MX850UST and MW851UST are designed and built with BenQ’s latest SmartEco-enabled features, including:
• Eco Blank, which helps blank the screen and conserve lamp power by up to 70% when the projector is not actively in use. By blanking the projection screen, teachers get to redirect students’ focus back on them while keeping the Earth lookin’ great.
• SmartEco Mode, which cleverly adjusts the lamp power to maximize power saving by delivering the best contrast and brightness performance using only as much light as needed.
• Automatic switch to Eco Blank after the projector is turned on for over three minutes without a display source, eliminating unnecessary energy waste and prolonging the life of the projector lamp.
Besides the short-throw advantages, power saving features and filter-free DLP engine design, BenQ also injected these interactive whiteboard projectors with leading future-proof technologies and thoughtful features to bring more enjoyable technology and educational magic to teachers and students while helping schools save more in the long run, such as:
• DLP Link™ helps build an immersive learning environment through 3D visualization.
• Highly adoptable LAN support enables centralized projector display, control and management to prevent damage and loss and to support PC-less teaching and remote classroom monitoring.
• Big built-in speakers replace classroom audio systems at no extra cost with audio pass-through and microphone input.
The BenQ interactive whiteboard education projectors will be available in Europe from September. More information, product specifications and related downloads can be found at the product pages on BenQ.eu: MW851UST - MX850UST.