24” LED Backlight Monitor; 120Hz; 2ms GtG; 12M:1 DCR;
Black eQualizer; Display Mode; Smart Scaling; S Switch;
Game Mode Loader; FPS Mode; RTS Mode;
User-Configurable Game Mode Settings
Height Adjustment, NVIDIA® 3D VisionTM 2
EUROPE, November 1, 2011 – An internationally renowned provider of digital lifestyle innovations and LED monitor expert, BenQ announced the launch of the XL2420T, its flagship gaming monitor for professional and competitive FPS (First-Person Shooting) game today. The new XL Series model is co-developed by prominent Counter-Strike legends, Emil “HeatoN” Christensen, Abdisamad “SpawN” Mohamed, Tommy “Potti” Ingemarsson, Christer “fisker” Eriksson and Michael “ahl” Korduner, as well as UMX_Xanver from ZOWIE GEAR, an innovative manufacturer of high-end professional gaming gears. The launch certainly signifies BenQ’s commitment to developing cutting-edge pro gaming monitors with exquisite features that help pro gamers take their gaming performance to the next level – as BenQ well puts it: Gaming is in the details.
“With the XL2410T turning into a grand success last winter, we simply could not wait to get started on adding even more thoughts to the XL Series design. It was encouraging to learn from the pro gamers that the XL2410T was one of the most preferred monitors in DreamHack Summer 2011, Global Starcraft II League, GamesCon 2011, ESEA which took place in the U.S. and IEM tournaments,” said Peter Chen, EVP and General Manager of BenQ Technology Product Center. “With the new XL Series scheduled to appear in tournaments, LAN parties and gaming expos this winter, including Intel Extreme Master and ESL Arena, we’re excited to hear what gamers will say about the enhancements we’ve added this time.”
Gaming Is in the Details with the All New XL Series
A good design idea should always be tested down to every detail by real users. The creation of the new FPS flagship models involved world-renowned pro gamers and legendary players from the early stages of product development to the final stage of product testing. This collaboration has brought together fundamental gaming insights to master first-person shooting games with super fast response rate, razor-sharp clarity and tailored control. Built with 120Hz, 2ms GTG response time and 12M:1 dynamic contrast ratio, the XL Series models not only hold the fundamental key to FPS gaming success but also possess exclusive features meticulously thought out to provide FPS gamers with the ultimate sense of ease and control:
• A unique color engine technology that allows gamers to brighten the image display without over-exposing white levels, the Black eQualizer reveals critical combat details with improved visibility in darkened areas to enable gamers to screen critical combat details speedily with added gameplay comfort.
• The S Switch is a stylish remote controller that enables you to swiftly switch between customized display settings for gaming as well as entertainment. The scroll button even allows users to quickly navigate and change the OSD setting.
• To accommodate individual viewing preferences and requirements, the Display Mode allows gamers to interchange between monitor screen sizes from 17” (4:3), 19” (4:3), 19”W (16:10), 21.5”W (16:9), 22”W (16:10), 23W”(16:9) to 24W” (16:9), as the Smart Scaling feature gives them the freedom to manually scale the screen to any custom size.
• There are two variations to the preset FPS mode this year. Both tailored by HeatoN and SpawN, the FPS1 mode is designed for Counter-Strike 1.6 and the FPS2 mode for Counter-Strike Source. The RTS mode on the other hand is calibrated by StarTale. With these specialized preset modes offering optimal brightness, contrast, sharpness and color tint, gamers are provided with the vantage point to spot and track their opponents’ every move, even in indistinct situations.
• See what the pros see. Game Mode Loader is an online platform that stores gaming presets used by not only pro gamers but also gaming legends such as HeatoN and SpawN. Users can install these exclusive presets and leverage them to their advantage. They can also take the extra step to save them onto the S Switch for quick access. More presets, fine-tuned by Potti, fisker, ahl, and well-known StarCraft II pro team, StarTale, will be released in the future to keep users on top of their games.
A true testament to the belief of “Gaming Is in the Details”, the XL2420T is also a great choice for extreme entertainment. It is certified as NVIDIA® 3D Vision™ 2-ready to provide gamers Full-HD 3D gaming and entertainment experiences like never before. It also comes with the NVIDIA 3D LightBoost™ technology to brighten the screen to up to twice the original brightness for more vivid viewing.
Dressed in premium black housing and intricate red detailing, the recipients of Good Design Award 2011, Red Dot Design 2011 and many design awards to come certainly also reflect a user’s taste in the finer things in life.
For more information, tech specs and related downloads please visit BenQ's renewed Gaming Microsite or the XL2420T product page.