1. Obtain the printer ICC profile with the correct paper and ink combination. It is essential to get the right ICC profile for the paper and ink you are using. The printer ICC profile can be obtained from the printer’s driver or manufacture’s website, by asking your local photo lab or print shop to provide the profile, or generating printer ICC profiles from 3rd party profiling software. There are a number of sources on the internet which can provide detailed instructions for generating your own printer ICC profile, so we will not go into details here.
2. Copy the printer ICC profile to the ICC profile folder listed above.
3. Restart Photoshop if the application is in use before you're done with the copy operation.
4. Go to ‘View’ -> ‘Proof Setup’ -> ‘Custom’ (as shown in Figure 6).
5. In the pop-up window, select your printer ICC profile in the drop-down box next to ‘Device to Simulate’ (as shown in Figure 7).
6. Select ‘Relative Colorimetric’ in ‘Rendering Intent’ drop-down box (as shown in Figure 7).