BenQ Europe General Terms and Conditions of Warranty for End Customer.
The warranty is invalidated if the defect is caused (howsoever) by misuse, neglect, and tampering or incorrect adjustment / installation. This also occurs if any unauthorized persons carry out any alterations and/or repairs. For further information regarding the correct use of our Products, please read the user manual.
The warranty period for BenQ Products applies from the date of purchase by the first customer. It is transferable only between end costumers and has to be accompanied by the first costumers original proof of purchase, that must contain the units serial number. If your proof of purchase does not contain a valid serial number, please contact the BenQ Team for further assistance.
Acronyms and expressions:
DOA- dead on arrival – A DOA is regarded as a manufacturing defect within the legal DOA period (varies from country to country). The DOA term is only applicable for NEW BenQ products
The following will not be considered as a valid DOA:
-Losses due to negligence and/or lack of care
-Open box / warehouse deal / Second chance / demo unit sales
-Units with a manufacturing date older than 1.5 years from Purchased date (Invoice)
POP - Proof of purchase - BenQ will only accept a valid invoice as a proof of purchase.
CID - Customer induced damage - defect caused by misuse, neglect, and tampering or incorrect adjustment / installation. This also occurs if any unauthorized person carries out any alterations and/or repairs.
What to do?
If your Product becomes defective within the warranty period, you are only entitled to the specific service term set by BenQ for the specific Product you have purchased.
1. To apply for the warranty service, you are required to fill out our online web-form, and offer all the necessary information regarding your product, the defect and your contact information. This can be done on www.benq.eu or the BenQ website specific to your country.
2. You will then be contacted by the BenQ Technical Support Team ("BenQ Team") via email. The BenQ Team will attempt troubleshooting steps to assist you or to confirm the defect.
3. As soon as the defect has been confirmed by the Agent handling your case, an RMA number will be issued for your Product.
4. You must return the Product to BenQ unless otherwise directed by BenQ to a BenQ Authorized Service Provider. In case your product has been delivered with physical damage, we kindly ask you to have the following information ready before hand.
This will help us understand whether the damage has been inflicted during transportation or prior to that.
1. Inform BenQ via web or the reseller as soon as possible
2. Take photos of:
a. the packaging material ( inside and outside)
b. the physical damage
3. Make sure you have the invoice and delivery note on hand
4. Do not use the product, because usage hours might be verified.
All projectors, with the exception of laser light projectors, lamp warranty is limited to 1 year or 2000 hrs (equivalent hours), whichever comes first. Service request based on defective lamps or lamp shattered outside this limitation will be treated as out of warranty service requests.
For Laser light based projectors the warranty on the laser light source is limited to 5 years or 20000 / 10000 hrs (model defined, please refer to the specific product information sheet), whichever comes first.
In case of counterfeit lamps being used, warranty will be rejected in all cases. We recommend using only original lamps from certified resellers.
Items not covered by warranty
2. The periodic maintenance and repairs or replacements of parts due to normal wear;
5. The damage or defects in the product resulting from:
c) by the use of parts not manufactured or sold by BenQ
g) A modification or repair of the Product performed by a provider not authorized by BenQ.
h) Cases of force majeure, disaster (fire, flood, etc. ), lightning, etc.
k) damaged by an Act of God, including lightning, flooding, weather, earthquake, or other natural disaster or phenomena.
Some states or provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages for consumer products, and some states or provinces do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts. In such states and provinces, the exclusions or limitations of this Limited Warranty may not apply to you.