When I tried to update X-Sign Player version from 1.6 to 2.0 on the ST550K, there was no response after clicking the "Update" button. Why?
Please check the following:
1) If the device part number ends with "RA2" (EX: 9H.F1TTK.RA2), please insert a USB memory stick and try again.
2) Check if the Internet connection works correctly.
3) Check if there is any firewall blocking connection.
Why can't I broadcast some videos/images via the X-Sign broadcast app?
It is because that projector doesn't support 4K content.
A USB device or adapter dongle doesn’t work or interferes with other USB devices randomly. How can I make them work properly?
USB 3.0 has been found to cause interference that may hinder the performance of nearby wireless devices in the 2.4GHz band, including RF devices, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth.
For wireless devices in the 2.4GHz range, we suggest using the USB port on the front I/O. If the connected device's manual recommends a different USB port, do follow those guidelines.
For more details, please refer to the below white paper from Intel.
Why can’t I use a QR code to log in to the AMS system when the projector is turned on?
"The Android operating system automatically synchronizes the time from the network about 5-10 seconds after getting connected to the Internet.
When the correct time is displayed on the Launcher, you can log in to the AMS system using a QR code.
Why can't a display be added into DMS Local?
Please update the device definition (JSON) under setting in DMS Local.
Why can't the unit be turned on using DMS Local?
1. Ensure that WOL (Wake-on-LAN) setting is supported by this model and enabled on the display.
2. Ensure that the display is connected to the network via the LAN (RJ-45) port. Wake-on-LAN does not work over a Wi-Fi connection.
How do I upgrade apps for EZWrite 5.0 and X-Sign?
Most BenQ apps can be upgraded online. Please refer to the demo video for the upgrade process of EZWrite 5.0 and X-Sign.
How do I obtain the log for X-Sign player 2.x app?
Please follow below steps to obtain the log for X-Sign player 2.x app:
(1) Switch X-Sign player to Manager mode by selecting "Manager" in "Switch Mode" form.
(2) Make sure the internet connection is available.
(3) Click "Upload device log (Manager mode)" in "Settings" form to create a placeholder file for the log.
(4) Create a file named "XSIGNDUMPLOG" in the root directory/folder of your USB flash drive. Note that "XSIGNDUMPLOG" should be an empty file without file extension.
(5) Insert the USB flash drive into the device.
(6) Click "Save" button to store the log file to the drive.
How do I use BenQ digital signage as a music player (audio only) in X-Sign Designer 2.x?
Please follow the below steps to use BenQ digital signage as a music player:
(1) Launch X-Sign 2.x designer.
(2) Create an empty template.
(3) Switch from "Edit mode" to "Overview".
(4) "Music" will be shown on the first row. Press "+" icon at the side to select the music to play.
Where can I find the log for X-Sign player 2.x in Windows?
Please follow the path below to find the log file:
(1) Go to C:\Users\User name\AppData\Local\BenQ\XSignPlayer
(2) Select \BenQ\
(3) Select \cache\
(4) Select \crash\
(5) Select \data\
(6) Select \log\
(7) Select "XSign.env"
What is the maximum duration a schedule can be set in Local Delivery and Interactive mode for X-Sign Player 2.x?
The maximum duration of schedule in Local Delivery and Interactive mode is 24 hours. If you wish to schedule events that last for more than 24 hours, please purchase the X-Sign Manager license.
What is "AQI information" in X-Sign Designer 2.x?
AQI stands for Air Quality Index. "AQI information" in X-Sign Designer 2.x provides the index and relevant information about the air quality in China.
How to use Local Delivery for X-Sign (v2.x)?
X-Sign helps users of BenQ digital signages to better utilize their equipment. For the steps to use local delivery for BenQ X-Sign, please refer to the tutorial video.
How to set BenQ digital signage as a music player (audio play only) in X-Sign Designer 2.x?
1.Launch X-Sign 2.x designer
2.Create an empty template
3.Change "Edit mode" to "Overview"
4."Music" will be shown on the first row and press "+" icon at the side to select the music
How long can the schedule to be set in local delivery mode for X-Sign Player 2.x?
The schedule in local delivery mode can be set up to 24hr. If longer schedule is needed, please purchase X-Sign Manager license.
How can I extend X-Sign Manager license online?
Please log in to your X-Sign Manager account, then click on "By Device" => "Edit Device" => "replace" or "choose" to enter the new license code for extension.
Why can't the content be played after the USB drive is inserted?
Please check the schedule of content under X-Sign Designer for the cause. The table below lists the possible causes and corresponding actions to take:
How do I create a group tag and carry out IFP updates with X-Sign Broadcast?
Group tags can be easily set up and an IFP can be conveniently updated through X-Sign Broadcast. Please follow the demo video showing how to do so:
How do I add and remove a device with X-Sign Broadcast?
An IFP device must be added to X-Sign Broadcast before use. Please follow the demo video showing how to add or remove a device:
How do I register a new account with X-Sign Broadcast?
A new account must be registered with X-Sign Broadcast before use. Please follow the demo video showing how to register:
Does X-Sign support flash?
'No, X-Sign does not support flash. However, it supports HTML5.
How to start to using X-Sign Broadcast?
Before use broadcast function, please check:
1. If the projector is connected to a wireless network
2. If Time Zone is correct or not (Need to be consistent as where projector is.)
Please follow below steps to use X-Sign Broadcast.
1. You need to have a new account as an administrator with BenQ IAM (Identify and Access Management).Log in and choose X-Sign service.
2. Find "Display ID" : You can find "Display ID" shown from the "Broadcastsetting" App on the Projector
3. Add a New device on the Manager page in X-Sign Website: Enter the display ID to the device ID on the Manager page in X-Sign Website, Then enter the device name
4. Start to broadcasting.
*Refer to “X-Sign Broadcast” Website for details
How can I delete an account from IAM?
Admin or user accounts can be deleted from the IAM website.
1. Enter BenQ IAM
2. Select the profile icon
How do I setup and configure Active Directory (AD) integration with IAM?
Please refer to this video for a step-by-step tutorial: